Thursday, November 09, 2006

Putting the "Awful" in An Awfully Big Adventure

I received the following photos in an email called "Alabama Wedding." My Snopes search yielded nothing, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the descriptor. However, I'd bet the bank that this wedding took place in either Alabama, Mississippi, or Louisiana.

It's nice to know that, in this jaded world, there are still things that can amaze us.

The blushing bride and a friend.


The bride, groom, and ring bearer (?) .
I love the expression on this child's face. He's probably looking at :


The getaway "car." Okay, getaway swamp runner.


The wedding party. Are those cattails in the bouquets? I think they are.


And this takes the, er, well, you know.
Catfish wedding cake on a bed of rice(?) with what appears to be
a border of pigs-in-blankets. Behind the cake, some kind of orange-colored
pie with "Rick" written on it in squeeze cheese.

Wow.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I think the catfish is the groom's cake. Do you see the lovely...clear...cake with weeds sticking out of it in front of the bride and bridesmaids?

9/11/06 4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least, I think that's a cake. Perhaps made of some sort of gelatin?

9/11/06 4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't think a wedding could be worse than Shelby's from Steel Mags, but camoflauge definately trumps the blush and bashful pepto bismol any day! I just don't know which is worse a bleeding armadillo grooms cake or a catfish? I don't think I could eat either! Yeah for Down Home Southern Fun!!

10/11/06 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll have to give me a second to reattach my head that just exploded.

That's among the worst things I've ever seen.

If white on a bride is a symbol of purity, camouflage symbolizes...

28/11/06 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home