Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Something to smile about

Next month, Turner Classic Movies' Star of the Month is Lucille Ball! Every Wednesday night in November, TCM will feature Lucy's movies, many made before she became a huge television star. Many people don't know that Lucy wasn't just a hilarious comedian and a gorgeous woman, she was also a talented actor.


Maybe I sound like a commercial. I don't care. I'm excited.

Oh, one other thing. If you have never seen The Thin Man, your opportunity is Nov. 4th at 7:00 or Nov. 5th at 5:00 (Central). If I were queen of the world, I would command you watch it. Since I'm not, I can only promise you that if you watch it, you'll be really, really happy you did.

If I could be anyone in the world when I grow up, I think it might be Nora Charles. They don't make them like that anymore. (I guess they probably never did.)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, thanks for the info. I love the old Lucille movies!

1/11/06 4:11 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

Nope. They probably didn't.

I take that back. I forgot about Irene Dunne.

2/11/06 3:44 PM  
Blogger Queen, III said...

Lucille Ball totally rocked. Can you think of a single person who doesn't like "I Love Lucy"? I can't. Because she rocked that much.

6/11/06 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home