Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The best part of waking up

Yesterday, N.O. and I were beset with several challenges. Namely, our kitchen faucet died and our front door handle came off in N.O.'s hand. Being the hardy homeowners we are, both problems were faced head-on and fixed. We also stayed up until after 2:00 arranging the guest bedroom just so.

Fast-forward to 7 AM and N.O. and I are in deepest REM when the doorbell rings. It's one of our tenants. There's a snake in her bathroom.


N.O., 7:15 AM.

6 Comments:

Blogger Queen, III said...

Seriously?! I hate snakes with an unmitigated passion. So...what happened?
BTW, I'm not going to see that snake movie! AT ALL.

15/8/06 9:01 AM  
Blogger The Cliff said...

Did the snake enter the bathroom by coming up through the toilet?? That's always a crazy fear of mine. I check the toilet every time....don't want a bite on the bum!!

15/8/06 9:42 AM  
Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

We think it came in through a tiny gap behind the toilet. It will be puttied up ASAP. I felt so sorry for the poor girl. I know if it were me, I wouldn't pee without fear for a month. As it is, it's a little too close for comfort. I'm definitely keeping my eyes peeled. Anyway, it turned out to be just a little grass snake, which N.O. quickly dispatched!

15/8/06 1:23 PM  
Blogger The Cliff said...

Way to go N.O!!

16/8/06 5:12 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

Mm. Snakes in a Bathroom. Sounds a lot like Riki Tiki Tavi. Maybe it's time to invest in that pet mongoose.

17/8/06 4:33 PM  
Blogger The Cliff said...

Snakes in the Bathroom...sounds like the sequal to Snakes on a plane....but of course Samuel L Jackson will be smart enough not to make the sequal so they'll use Ice Cube...who will pretty much do any movie someone asks as long as they give him 2 snickers bars and a truffle!!

18/8/06 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home