Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Great Grape Caper!

I, like everybody else, have been trying to be healthy lately. Exercising more, eating better, drinking a big jug of water every day--the whole nine yards. Other than the fact that if I cut my finger, yogurt comes out, doing great.

Mmmm, strawberry!

Except today, I've been starving. All. Day. Long. Yogurt for breakfast, yogurt for lunch, nothing was making a dent. So, with dread, I decided to go to 7-Eleven. I was fearful--surely the only healthy thing I would be able to find would be... more yogurt! It was likely to come down to a painful choice between my third yogurt of the day and falling off the wagon, Hershey-style. Or maybe coming in in-between with a calorie-laden granola bar. I steeled my courage and resolve (do not even look down the Hershey aisle!) and took the mini-jaunt to 7-Eleven.

Imagine my surprise to discover a whole selection of healthy treats! Containers of sliced mixed fruit and berries, chunks of mango, and crisp bags of green apple slices! I am not normally a huge fruit fan--I prefer vegetables--but this was a great solution. My selection: a 6 oz container of delicious red grapes. Granted, $1.99 is a bit much for 6 oz of grapes, but it came in this awesome plastic cup that fits into the cup-holder of the car! And, only one of the grapes tasted like wine.

But don't worry, 7-Eleven hasn't completely changed its ways... this is the sight that greets visitors to its website:

Dammit, that looks a lot better than a bunch of stupid grapes.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go. I, too, have recently rediscovered the deliciosity of grapes. I got some red, seedless grapes and froze them. Each one is like a tiny grape popsicle!

11/5/06 2:48 PM  
Blogger Queen, III said...

7-11 does kind of rock, doesn't it?! You can get steamed milk in you self-serve coffee!! Genius! Who needs Starbucks when you have 7-11?!

11/5/06 2:59 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

That little girl OBVIOUSLY has an eating disorder. It looks to me like she's on a binge.

If you need tips on new healthy snacks let me know!

11/5/06 4:05 PM  
Blogger Autumn's Mom said...

Oh my, I think that little girl was ME! Good for you going the healthy route! I'm trying hard too. I do loves the yogurt, but I can only have so much. Red grapes are YUM.

11/5/06 5:34 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Nice willpower A-Dub! Very nice! I wish I could say no to Hershey's like that!

11/5/06 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home