Wednesday, May 03, 2006

These are even "better" than the gross entries in the "Gallery of Regrettable Food"

Remember when you were a kid and your mom used to drag you along to Weight Watchers meetings? (Maybe that was just me?) And you'd sit, bored out of your mind in the lobby, until finally they got done and then you got to sample a delicious, low-calorie snack (ie, chocolate mousse in a Dixie Cup) before you went home? That chocolate mousse was actually pretty good.

Well, thank goodness this was the eighties, after Weight Watchers had sorta started to get their act together. Frankly, it's a miracle the company lasted until the eighties, with the kinds of diet "foods" they offered their members back in the seventies.

As they say in the real estate ads, "Must be seen to be believed!" Get ready to scroll through the chamber of horrors known only as...


Make sure you scroll through them ALL!


8 Comments:

Blogger Fork said...

Wait...MACKEREL PUDDING? As in, "I just don't know about the Tuna Mousse or Catfish Ice Cream. How about the Mackerel Pudding?"

3/5/06 12:42 PM  
Blogger Queen, III said...

It takes a lot to gross me out and that just totally did it! Did they actually think that ANY of those were good ideas? Who would actually eat any of that stuff?!!! Forky - possibly...

3/5/06 1:04 PM  
Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Well, at least it's "fluffy" mackerel pudding. As opposed to slimy? Yup. That's about the only way it could be grosser.

I've launched a new diet/workout offensive this week, and I think as long as I look at these pictures once a day, my appetite will be suitably suppressed.

3/5/06 1:23 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Seriously! Both of those make me want to...hold on a second...I think I'm gonna...blaghsugggggggsaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhh. Nice. I think those pictures just made me lose some weight. Just not in a good way.

3/5/06 1:28 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

A-Dub, you might print out a picture of that bloody Dahmer pie for your desk. Bet that would help.

3/5/06 2:29 PM  
Blogger Queen, III said...

I saw a celery log just the other day in forky's fridge, but it was filled with protein powder! Probably tastes better than the weight-watchers one!
I keep getting this visual of a susie-homaker type actually fixing that stuff for her family and the whole family just puking up everything right at the table. It's craking me up!!! I can't stop laughing out loud just THINKING about it!!! Potty humor always gets me goin'!!

3/5/06 3:37 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

Hey...would you consider ACTUALLY making Fluffy Mackerel Pudding? I'm terribly curious...

4/5/06 10:50 AM  
Blogger Fork said...

And yes, I think the celery log looks like the most delicious thing ever. I have three in my fridge right now! Gotta watch those calories!

And Queen III, thanks for that mental picture. I'm joining you in your laughter (it works the abs).

4/5/06 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home