Monday, April 10, 2006

An update

Well, a lot has been going on lately chez nous. Firstly, N.O. are both definitely going to be back in Wackytown this fall, attending school at good ol' Alma Mater U. Sic 'Em, Mascots! We've both secured great assistantships, so all our tuition is paid for, plus we'll have a little stipend money to pay the rent (and not much else!). We've come a long way from being really doubtful of our chances (as we're both pursuing studies totally unrelated to our bachelor's degrees) to where we are now, so we're extremely grateful and so excited, if a little nervous.

Nextly, on the job front... I finished a pretty major special event I'd been working on in my long-term freelance job at Everycity Children's Museum last Friday. This event had it all--wild animals, a balloon lady, some guy who used to be on TV (not Jack Hannah, the other one), and Wild About Harry's hot dogs and frozen custard! It was a blast, and went rather well.

I know, this is a gross picture of me. But it's a scan! Of a Polaroid! And I was exhausted and windblown! And look how close I am to that python! And that guy was on Seinfeld!

Next up is the charity golf tournament I'm also working hard on. Anyone want to spend $250 for a really awesome round of golf? It's for a good cause! Please? Anyway, once that's over with, my gig at ECM comes to an end, so I had to find another gig to keep the money flowing in until we move. And what do you know--Everycity Children's Theater is desperate for a grant-writer for the spring and summer! Turns out that after I left they had a run of bad luck and lost the next two people who filled that position after me. They heard I was available and I heard they were needing someone , et voila. Isn't it weird how God sometimes goes to seemingly great lengths to line things up for you when you need them? I went to ECT today to firm up the details and everyone seemed so happy about my coming back for the next three months. It made me feel really great. And, I thought it would be weird to be there, but it wasn't--it sort of felt like I had never left.

So, it's definitely not where I thought I would be right now, but it just makes you think--how blessed can a person get? My husband and I both get to go back to school, which we really didn't believe would be possible. I quit my job without having a plan, and start freelancing, and have not been unemployed for a single day. Anyway, I didn't mean for this to sound all braggy, like one of those Christmas newsletters, I just wanted to give you all an update on our lives. But when I start looking at it all together like that, I just get this unbelievable picture of how blessed my life has been--and a little reminder that when I have to write a big check to the IRS or get a stupid speeding ticket on my way home, it is a major bummer, but ultimately I know I've got nothing to complain about, no way, not even a little bit, not even close.

If my getting all serious has made you uncomfortable, here's a hilarious/inspirational/creepy video of a bipedal two-legged dog!



4 Comments:

Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

No, I did not know that--cool! What will she be studying? I will be studying journalism, N.O. will be studying business and entrepreneurship.

11/4/06 7:28 AM  
Blogger Queen, III said...

Yea!! I've been praying that everything would work out!! I'm so excited for you guys - although a little sad you won't be as convenient to me!

11/4/06 9:52 AM  
Blogger Fork said...

I'm so proud of you! You got REALLY close to that python!

Oh yeah, and returning to Alma Mater U is okay too.

11/4/06 11:48 PM  
Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Wow, no one even commented on the upright walking dog!

12/4/06 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home