Friday, February 24, 2006

No longer dying.

Well, no more than the usual, one-day-closer-to-death way, anyway. And it's Friday! And the sun's out! Harooo!

However, this week I have been so determinedly one day ahead (I was CERTAIN Wednesday was Thursday and Thursday was Friday), that it actually sort of feels like I'm about to go in to work on a Saturday, which is a little bit of a downer.

So, here's what's on my mind today. What is with the news? We can only have one story at a time? I am so indescribably sick of this Dubai World Ports thing. Just like one week ago I thought I might perish if I had to listen to one more word about Vice President Cheney's hunting accident. How about some other stories here and there. Like the weird rash of fake-memoirist scandals that are going on right now--not only James Frey, but J.T. Le Roy and Nasdijj. Or the mayor of London being suspended from office for anti-Semitic comments. And, of course, it would kill any major news source to do a story about the thousands of Christians who are persecuted each year in the communist world. Not that the UAE ports thing isn't important. I'm just tired of this obvious cycle we're in where each news source is exactly the same as all the others--they all just read or watch each other to see which news they should report and as a result there is absolute homogeneity in news. Kinda feels like somebody's not doing his job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen, III said...

Boy, ain't that the truth?! Whatever happened to the ruthless story hunters, always looking to get an inside, exclusive scoop? Like the ones in His Girl Friday or Fletch (maybe that's a bad example)? I'm with you. I want something new!

24/2/06 1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home