Thursday, December 01, 2005

Somebody call the Australian police!

Okay, maybe I've been reading too much Crime Library, but this story about Heath Ledger sounds like a desperate plea for help from a man teetering on the brink of infanticide.


New Dad Ledger's Life Is "Food and Sleeping"
Hollywood heart-throb Heath Ledger is reveling in his new role as a father, even though his waking hours are now devoted to preparing food and washing up. He says, "My life right now is ... I wouldn't say reduced to food but my duties in life are that I wake up, cook breakfast, clean the dishes, prepare lunch, clean those dishes, go to the market, get fresh produce, cook dinner, clean those dishes and then sleep if I can. And I love it. I actually adore it." After taking his new family to celebrate Christmas in Montana with Williams' parents, Ledger plans to take baby Matilda to his native Australia. He adds, "Next year my hope is to spend as much time in Australia as possible. I want to introduce Matilda to the ocean."

Let’s read between the lines, here. “Introduce Matilda to the ocean?!” He’s going to toss her in! I’m sure he’ll pretend it was a horrific accident (and it won’t do any damage to his career—Eric Clapton, anyone?), but seriously--doesn't that "I adore it" part feel a little tacked on, like a "just kidding"? Can't you just picture him manically laughing and hugging baby just a little too hard, his usual dim-bulb expression flickering a little psycho?

"Return from whence you came!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Fork said...

The sound like warning signs to me...

Say, how come I never see E-Dub in here?

1/12/05 2:52 PM  
Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

You do. She's anonymous.

1/12/05 3:21 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

Tell her to get a name and a picture! I've got an anonymous on my blog too. It's making my head spin! I feel like dangling babies out of hotel windows!

1/12/05 4:02 PM  
Blogger The Cliff said...

Wow Forky, your head must really be spinning. As far as Heath Ledger goes, I agree, it is a desperate cry for help. I just want to know which ocean he is "introducing" little Matilda to. I once knew an Australian hitman named Freddy Ocean. I hear he'll whack anyone, now matter who it is.

1/12/05 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home