Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Makes A-Dub Feel [Kathie Lee Gifford]

I have no coherent thoughts this morning. I got up, did Pilates, fixed my hair, put on makeup, and got to work only ten minutes late. Miracle of miracles! So I'm doing pretty well this morning, all things considered. For a Monday, this morning is truly a success. Yet... I'm just not feeling it. I'd so much rather be home watching television and basking in the air conditioned darkness of my apartment. Funny, we've lived there over a year and it still smells like apartment. Aha, you see, this is the kind of leap my brain is making today. So, I've decided to just share with you some of the random thoughts that are flitting across the cranium this morning. Maybe you can make some sense of them. I've added some Arrested Development pictures to make them less boring.

1. Dear God, please let Whitney Houston kick the crack before it kills her. She's so talented. And she used to be so beautiful. Besides, her comeback from the brink would make a fantastic TV movie!





2. The bubble skirt has got to be the worst fashion trend of 2006 by a mile. The thing is just so, so ugly, it's actually scary!





3. Elliott getting kicked off American Idol made me sad. I'm not quite over it. I miss him.





4. We saw Over the Hedge last night. It was fun! Why is it that Steve Carell can be crazy and manic and I really like him, whereas Jim Carrey and Robin Williams and Will Ferrell and all those guys make me want to run around Hollywood with a tranquilizer gun? I don't know. I guess there's a fine line between funny and asshat.




5. I'm kinda hungry.








6. I don't know why I'm stuck on Idol today, but: Paula Abdul is an absolute disaster, like a drunk tranny every week, but something about it is so appealing to me. For a girl, I can be so queeny sometimes. I just love camp! In related news, I TiVo'd the Liza Minnelli E! True Hollywood Story the other day (or as they are now calling it, THS) and when I played it back, it wasn't the Liza story at all! They had preempted her with Simon Cowell. Simon Cowell is kinda fun in a closeted sort of way, but he pales in comparison to La "Liza with a Z."

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen, III said...

Wow!! This is how my brain functions ALL OF THE TIME! Do you know how many times I've thought the VERY same thing about Whitney?!! "Don't cha wanna dance, say ya wanna dance" It's almost enough to make me break down and cry, "give me one moment in time..." Remember that, Whitney? Remember? What the hell happened?
And I'm sorry that THS was about Simon Cowell instead of Liza, there just is NO comparison.
BTW - speaking of Kathie Lee, I saw her on some pathetic late-night entertainment news type show and it was AWFUL! I think it's time for her to just let it go, no?

22/5/06 12:13 PM  
Blogger Fork said...

Wait, I'm confused. So was Simon doing Liza?

22/5/06 3:47 PM  
Blogger AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

Uh, no. It was the Simon Cowell story rather than the Liza Minnelli story. Liza was nowhere to be found (except maybe in a tiny part of Simon's shrivelled heart).

22/5/06 3:56 PM  
Blogger Autumn's Mom said...

I agree about today. All I could do today was re-arrangemy Netflix queue for movies I'll be receiving for the upcoming weekend. I told my husband I wanna see lots of movies this weekend. I guess I'd like to escape life for awhile :)

22/5/06 5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home